Becuase I have too much to write, this post will be in English. Well I have started my program, met wonderful, excited, students like me, and am enjoying exploring BA. I have moved into my homestay- a wonderful, enthusiastic Jewish widow who is taking her 34 years without her husband out on me...through food. She said shes going to make me fat, and I might let it happen. She has thousands of stories about her amazing life (literally- ask Nancy and David who came over for dinner...for three hours), and she is a smart, talented artist, painter, writer, and of course... talker. I´d say that I couldn´t have found a more perfect situation for me in BA. I am enjoying speaking spanish with her, even though she wants to practice her English, and my program orientation is very informal, and sometimes a little redundant. I will be choosing classes tomorrow and beginning my independant study volunteer opportunity soon.
OH... sorry if I have not communicated as frequently as I did when I started this journey. the internet is a tricky thing, and I am TRYING (not so well) to balance out meeting people and going out, with getting things like skype and the internet connnected. I have a list of a million things to do (as we all do) and I plan to work on it this weekend. Im going to temple tomorrow for my first shabbat in Bs.As! I am excited to experience something new, yet mine, and connecting with the Jewish community will be nice too. I have been enjoying myself with some people from California I met in my hostel last week, and really enjoy MOST of the people in the program (theres 150 of us, im bound to not connect with everyone). I will try to post more photos of the amazing sites I have been seeing- street art and performers, political demonstrations (the mothers of the plaza de mayo), che grafitti, amazing architechture, and thousands of Argentines bustling through plazas and large avenues. Once again I must say this place is amazing, and I know I´ll say it again. Untill then,
-MAX-
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am glad to hear from you. My computer has been to the computer doctor for about a week so I was glad to get back and see what you had posted. Your new hostess sounds like a fabulous person to be living with (although that last thing I would need to be is "fattened up") but your are young,full of energy and will be able to "tango" all of the extra pounds right off! I got a good report from the cornea doctor, it is just going to take a few more weeks for the blurry vision to finally go away. So I put on the darkest glasses I could fine, a visor and went out and played 27 holes of golf yesterday - YIPPEE! Of course, I couldn't see a thing but it was fun just to get back out there! Poppie even joined me last night for the couples capers and he actually saved our scores!
We miss you but keep us posted and it will seem as though you are right here. Love, hugs and kisses, BB
Post a Comment