Sunday, January 18, 2009

AUSTRALIA!!

Oh my gosh. After having such an incredible time with my Aunt in Cairns, and a terrible beginning to my time in Melbourne, things are starting to shape up. IT IS CRAZY HOW LIFE CAN TAKE YOU ON A ROLLERCOASTER- its all about the ebb and flow. This morning I had problems with my baggage and had to check my guitar... NOT COOL in my book, as my guitar is as precious to me as well, you know. Then, when i arrived in Melbourne, I found that there were no spaces in ANY hostels! Luckily I found a space and after dropping off my stuff, walked around with my guitar strapped to my back. Smiles passed me on the street (did i mention this is the happiest place i've ever been to??!!) and i ended up going to the Melbourne Observation tower, a lookout point overlooking the entire city. It was sunset, so I took my guitar out, and played two songs. Then, people started listening, and asked for more, so I ended up playing 6 songs, with people's video cameras rolling, and a gorgeous Australian sunset as my background...in the highest point in the city. IMAGINE THAT!!! It was a great experience and it really really encouraged me to continue playing ALL THE TIME. The experience also made me realize how much potential there is here, as it is an English-speaking country, with many international travelers (all good things). Anyway, I'm on a lovely high right now and am hoping to grab a beer at one of the hundreds of pubs in town. All is well here as the adventure continues.
P.S. the videos from the observation deck will be on youtube in a few weeks, and will be titled "Katilin's Melly Lookout Jam."

~MAX~

1 comment:

barbara said...

Max,
What a start to your adventure....
may there alsways be more flow than ebbs.
ahavah, abba and momala