Thursday, October 30, 2008

a new day

and today, as always, a new day. i guess i scared a few of yall with my last post. but please dont think im dying here or am depressed- it is impossible to feel bad for long in this city. Well, regarding my situation with homestay: I will be moving to a new home, with younger, ARGENTINE hosts (and another kid from my program also lives there). the new location is even better- close to the city center, school, program offices and all the subway/ bus routes. i am excited about the new experience and am happy to get out of my previous home situation. i volunteered today with a jewish organization called Javura, and helped serve food to people who qualify for the service. it was great! the people were extremely nice and had very interesting pasts. i can´t wait to go back and continue to build relationships with these wonderful people, and learn why they are coming to this ¨soup kitchen¨ program. i also went to a villa yesterday and went to a community center that provides classes for children in order to get them off the streets (and provide them with the schooling they dont have). I am trying to plan a day where kids from my program will come and teach the kids guitar, art, help them read, cook, and play games. more to come about that in the future.

I am looking forward to my last month in BA. last month of school, and thus school work. One more month before i do some more traveling (in PERU!!!). and one more month before I get to see all of you. I do miss yall terribly, and the knowledge that I coming home so quickly makes me want to see yall even more. I see parents and their kids every day and miss my niece, the one i haven´t even met yet. i miss mexican food, my parents (i just realized i put mexican food before my parents.. haha sorry mom and dad- but yall know i miss ya), my dogs and my music toys, my bed and my family, and im even missing driving.... but not too much. ive been writing some good music and look forward to having a concert in december, along with the guys im trying to create a super band with. my hair is growing fast and i have NO CLUE how i will get home all the stuff i aquired here. any suggestions? im thinking I could try and get a friend to bring a bag home to DFW and have someone pick it up there. Any takers? haha ok my loving listeners. your son, grandson, nephew, brother, friend Max is doing fine and is happy. thank you so much for your love and support thus far, and keep it coming! i´ll need it for the rest of my life. i love yall MUCHO MUCHO MUCHO
-max-

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry that you have had problems in your living situation. The lat I heard you loved it, but I know how complicated it can be living with elderly (not Poppie)but my grandmother and I remember the difficult days with Nana, Pappy and Aunt Gertrude. However, I am glad that you are moving to a happier and younger location. Don't beat yourself up too much, the fact that you handled these problems and aer moving on shows that you will do in psychology -and every day should be a learning experience. All is well here, Poppie and I are going to a Halloween party tonight so that should be fun. Dogs are growing up (not as fast as I would wish) and they are doing better. I am working the Nationwide Golf Tournament next week in McKinney with two bum knees but it should be fun! Can't wait till you come home - WE MISS YOU! Love, hugs and kisses - BB