~MAX~
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Tango, La Boca, y mas
The past two days have been wonderful. I am enjoying exploring more of BA and getting comfortable with Argentine Spanish (me SHamo Max!). Today I went to La Boca, a wonderful old area of BA covered in colors, art and the home of ONE of BA's praised soccer teams (futbol en Argentina). I have been trying to put pictures up of the amazing sights I have been seeing, but so far i haven't been successful. I am enjoying meeting locals who I can now call friends, and am anticipating the arrival of good friends I still can't believe will be in Buenos Aires with me as I go on this journey. I shaved today (see mom- I'm trying to look clean when I meet my host family!) and am going to need to do some laundry soon. As I said before I am loving it all-especially Tango! I have had two lessons, and will continue to learn this sexy, controlled, HARD dance. I hung out with some Jews today- always fun playing Jewish Geography, and I will be checking out a temple tomorrow for Shabbat (they spell it Shabat here). Oh- soon I will be writing my posts in spanish and english so I can work on my spanish. Look forward to that and much more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Soon you will be on Dancing with the Stars with the hottest Tango.
I really appreciate you taking time to share your experiences through your blog. It's like the next best thing to being there.
Keep the pics and great writing coming.
We love you and miss you..Mindy and Terri
Max: I remember seeing the Tango district and it was really cool. Whenyou get home you will be able to give all of us Tango lessons!! Glad to hear you have met new friends and seen old ones, I think I speak for everyone back here, we wish we were there with you! Poppie got back late last night from Atlanta so he will be sending you a note later today. Can't wait to see your photos. Love, Dudette
Post a Comment