Wednesday, March 4, 2009

And School Begins!

Back to the real world! Not to say I didn't work in Argentina... but my schooling will be quite different than that of last semester. I am taking post graduate courses!!! I am so excited about the challenge, and optimistic about my ability to compete at the graduate level. Brisbane is SUCH a cool place, with interesting, funky parts filled with cafe's, bars, and wonderful food. There is live music everywhere, and soon I will become a Brisbane Busker. A Busker is one who plays on the street for money, and from what I've seen, are supported greatly by Australians and other travelers. I am getting settled and accustomed to the Brisbane transport system-There are separate lanes for busses, making them incredibly efficient and on time. Although sometimes the bus drivers are not as accommodating to foreigners as they are trying to keep schedule (pronounced shed-ule here).  But i have to say I have never lived or experienced a place with people who are as courteous, happy, and helpful as those in Brisbane. Ever single person thanks the bus driver for bringing them to their destination. Ninety Nine percent of the people here would stop what they're doing just to help you with directions, or suggestions, and everyone loves that I came from Texas to the land down unda! This would NOT happen in the states...yet being the operative word. 
Music is going well, and I will be recording all my songs over the next few months, while continuing on the path of writing. Practice Practice Practice!
Well, I will update more once I find a place to lay my head permanently, and please know I am safe, happy, and enjoying my classes.
I miss you all so much and please please stay in contact!
~MAX~

No comments: