Sunday, September 7, 2008







So it has been a few days since my last post, and so much has happened!!

 After spending more and more time with Matilde, I feel the need to add a new section to my blog: “Things Matilde Says.” This will be a section of comments that my host mother has made, and I bet you’ll enjoy hearing about her life (It justifies how perfect my living situation is). Anyway, as I said, a ton has been going on. I’ve been walking around the city, going to museums and enjoying my classes. I’m a regular at “La Bomba del Tiempo”- a percussion rave-like dance party on Monday nights. And my favorite resturante is Cumana- a CHEAP, amazing place that serves northern Argentine cuisine, and the best empanadas in Buenos Aires.

 

Ok. I just remembered. Let me tell you how my dinner went last Wednesday. I returned home from school to a full dinner setting for 10 people, and a food layout that rivals both my moms and those found in Gourmet magazine. Turns out we were having over Matilde’s granddaughter, friends and a guy her granddaughter was crushing on. Wine flowed, the food was incredible, we laughed, we spoke in Spanish, I went into food coma…and Matilde got drunk. So after tea and coffee, Matilde escaped into her room for a few minutes and returned, with Arabic music bumping, wearing full Arabic get-up and dancinging into the living room. “That’s my mom!” I said as the embarrassed grandchild sunk into her seat and replied, “y mi abuela!” (and my Grandmother). The astonished crowd then got up, hands in the air, and a dance party was born. I immediately got my camera.

Matilde with Costume

 

Entire Group

 

The only problem was that I had homework to do, school at 8 in the morning, and a dance party was 5 feet from my door. JUST ANOTHER DAY LICING WITH MATILDE!

 

I am anticipating trips to Mendoza and Patagonia over the next few weeks, and after going to an International Music Fair this week, decided I need to make a demo. Expect songs on myspace and facebook in the coming weeks. 

 

Check out what I’ve been seeing!!!


 

MUCHO AMOR!

~MAX~

No comments: